How Dismissals Work...
Being Dismissed From School
Students should not be dismissed during school hours except for family or medical emergencies, personal illness and school sponsored activities. Non-emergency appointments need to be scheduled after school hours. All dismissals should be able to be verified. To verify a dismissal contact information of the parent/guardian must be provided.
Students leaving school after 11:00 A.M. will be considered dismissed/present. Students leaving the school prior to 11:00 A.M. will be considered dismissed/absent for the day.
Parents/guardians are hereby informed that students will not be interrupted in their classrooms or career area during the instructional day. If an emergency exists, the Principal or designee will make the decision to call the student from class.
Procedure for Dismissing a Student from School
In the event a student must be dismissed:
- Students may be dismissed from school by bringing a note with written parental permission
- All dismissal notes must be submitted to the attendance officer by 8:00 A.M.
- Students leaving school before 11:00 A.M. will be marked "Dismissed Absent"
- Parent Liaisons must verify the dismissal with parents/guardians or legal guardian therefore a home number, work or cell phone number must be included so that we may verify the dismissal
A necessary dismissal absence may be granted for the following reasons:
- Death in Immediate Family
- Religious Holidays
- Court Appointment/Appearances
Dismissals result in the loss of valuable instructional time and class work missed must be made up under the same circumstances as any class absence. Dismissal from class (or classes) to participate in a school-sponsored event is considered an ADMINISTRATIVE DISMISSAL and is exempt from disciplinary or grading consequences.